Our mission is to give people the information they need to make smart, informed decisions related to education. For that reason, we want our stories to be shared as widely as possible at no cost! We welcome and encourage you to republish our content, preferably using our republish button that appears as an “R” icon in each of our stories’ share toolbars. In all cases, please follow these rules:
- Only edit our story to reflect references to time (e.g., “today” to “yesterday”), location (e.g., “New York” to “here”), or editorial style (honorific titles for example).
- If you publish our story online, include all of the story’s links.
- Include a byline using the following format: by [Firstname] [Lastname], Chalkbeat [Location]. For example: by Christina Veiga, Chalkbeat New York. If the story came from our National desk, please use the following format: by [Firstname] [Lastname], Chalkbeat. For example: by Matt Barnum, Chalkbeat. Please also link back to our home page, chalkbeat.org, in that credit line.
- Any photos credited to Chalkbeat may be republished. You may also run your own photos with the Chalkbeat story. Photos from other media organizations (e.g., Getty Images, Denver Post) require separate permissions from them directly.
- At the beginning of the story, include the following: [Original headline + hyperlink] was originally published by Chalkbeat, a nonprofit news organization covering public education. Sign up for their newsletters here: ckbe.at/newsletters”
- When including the link to the original story, please update the link URL to include rel=”canonical”. For example: <a href=”URL” rel=”canonical”>Story headline</a>
- If you’re republishing our content online, please include our tracking tag. When you click the republish button and copy and paste the HTML code of our story into your CMS, it will include the tracking tag automatically. This tag allows us to see which other publications are sharing our stories.
- If you would like to republish our content without using the republish button, or if you would like to republish our content in a print product, please email us.
- Chalkbeat is not responsible for content found on blogs, platforms, or websites that reblog or repost content by Chalkbeat. Chalkbeat does not endorse blogs, websites, bloggers, journalists, or writers who reblog or repost works available on Chalkbeat. Chalkbeat does not compensate bloggers, journalists, or writers who reblog or repost works by Chalkbeat. Chalkbeat is not responsible for any mistranslations of Chalkbeat content.
- Please note that Chalkbeat considers the publication date to be the date marked on the story.
Click anywhere in the text box to select all, then press Ctrl-C (or Command-C on a Mac) to copy the code.